Hair System vs. Hair Transplant￼
The most common term for hair replacement systems is wigs or simply hair systems. It is a non-surgical method of hair regrowth. In this method, a section of your scalp is shaved to make way for the glues to be used to attach the hair system. The base of the hair replacement, which is in contact with your scalp, is made of lace or polyurethane material. The hair tied or injected or weaved into a mesh is usually made of synthetic or human hair.
- It costs less than the hair transplant initially.
- You get thick hair on your head almost instantly.
- It does not require you to use your donor’s hair.
- You can choose any style and any color or length of hair you wish for.
- Requires daily or monthly maintenance continuously.
- requires the replacement of the hair system since with time, hair systems lose their color or hair.
- Give you an unnatural look.
- Requires a visit to a specialty hair salon for maintenance.
- It cannot cover the hair loss along the sideburns and the temples.
- Limited physical activities depend on the quality of hair replacement and the quality of attachment.
- The hair system is most close to the natural look and will cost more and high maintenance.
- It sometimes feels discomforting and feels like wearing a wig on your head.
Hair Transplant Surgery
These days, having a hair transplant is all the rage. Using your natural hair has grown to be a popular option to replace your hair loss in the long run because hair transplant surgery provides you a more natural look
Surgery is used to perform hair transplants, and the doctors and technicians performing the treatment must be qualified and experienced. In this step, hair follicles from the donor area—an area with dense hair that is resistant to hair loss—are removed and then transplanted into the bald place. Although you won’t see results right away, you’ll have wide, natural-looking hair in a few months.
- Since it is your natural hair, it offers you a natural appearance.
- Needs no special upkeep.
- You can wear your hair as you choose, whenever you like.
- There are no additional expenditures associated with investing in overtime maintenance or replacing your hair transplants because the transplanted hair is permanent.
- You don’t need to worry about someone touching or pulling your hair or relocating your hair system.
- Your hair transplant has not restricted your ability to engage in physical activity; it is your natural hair. You can get back to exercising like never before.
- The surgery requires hefty upfront fees, but it is a one-time, permanent procedure.
- Following the surgical procedure, you must take a few days off from work or your regular workout routine.
- The procedure’s outcomes will depend on the density of the donor hair that can be utilized.
- Includes a recovery time of 7 to 10 days.
- Hair growth takes three to four months.
Let’s say you are searching for strategies to stop your hair from falling out. The advantages and cons of hair replacement and transplantation are listed above to assist you in making a more informed decision. Although hair replacement seems cheaper than a hair transplant surgery, it will put a hole in your pocket in the long run with constant maintenance and replacements. Also, you will have to worry about the restrictions of enjoying your social and public life, per your needs.
With Hair transplant surgery, you will not worry about your head once the surgery is done. With a minimum recovery period and the time taken for resuming your natural hair growth. The transplanted hair needs the same routine care you use for your healthy hair since they are your natural hair!